- The main purpose of the position is the global lead and expertise in the field of category management of plastic and rubber parts for machines produced by org.
- The main responsibilities are to set the strategy for the category, implement it and operate in accordance with it, perform supplier selection and assessment, conduct negotiations with suppliers and negotiate general contractual terms.
- The position collaborates closely with local category managers, acts as the reference point for the category and is a methodological lead to them.
Essential Areas of Responsibility
- Creates and after its approval implements the Global Strategy of casting components category Selects, evaluates and conducts supplier negotiations in his/her material category on the GLOBAL LEVEL.
- Supports and acts as a reference point for local category managers in his/her material category. Coordinates activities of the local category managers."
- Cooperate with Advanced Supply Management to find the best solutions and suppliers on new projects
- Result Orientation
- Emotional Intelligence
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Communication Skills
- Roles of Global Category Manager
- Design and implementation of category strategies.
- Year over year material cost reduction (PPV Cost saving)
- Material quality/delivery improvements and inventory reduction targets through the use of appropriate supply chain tools.
- Global strategy for all plastic suppliers
- CORN handling for Global Suppliers
- New Supplier selection and development in coordination with Local CM
- Co-ordination with local CM for strategy implementation
- Ensure supply reliability, on-time delivery, high technology/innovation and speed via supply network optimization
- Multiple sourcing, supplier performance and relationship management
- Risk mitigation for all critical parts
- Capacity Plan with respect to future production plan
- Own the supplier relationship for the key suppliers in designated spend category while leading negotiations with suppliers to deliver stated objectives
- Lead best cost country sourcing for the appropriate sub-categories for year over year net cost reductions.
- Work closely with strategic and preferred suppliers to identify and resource productivity/cost down initiatives through the use of VA/VE tools.
- Global Capex planning and tracking
Role:Procurement / Sourcing Head
Salary: 15,00,000 - 25,00,000 P.A.
Functional Area:Procurement & Supply Chain
Role Category:Procurement & Purchase
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
Fortune Personnel Services
Contact Company:Fortune Personnel Services