- Analyzes functional requirements and architect state-of-the-art, well-integrated, and cost-effective Mainframe infrastructure solutions. Ensure delivery of a scalable Mainframe infrastructure that is compatible with business needs across applications, technologies, and facilities.
- Be able to liaise effectively with other enterprise teams such as Network support, service desk, application support, database, architecture, and security groups as well as work with OEMs & Third Party vendors.
- Work closely with managers and other application & infrastructure support personnel in defining data center support requirements and standards.
- Develop scripts/programs to automate administrative tasks.
- Ensure highly available environment by ensuring that all applications are duplicated on the backup Mainframe.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks, managing to business-critical timelines and budgetary constraints.
- Perform troubleshooting of hardware and software issues. Assist in resolving issues and performing maintenance or manage maintenance by outside vendors, if necessary.
- Develop and implement system security policies to guard against intrusion. Monitor security bulletins and information services to maintain high standards for system-level security.
- Develop and maintain effective disaster recovery plans, processes, and procedures necessary to recover services in the event of a declared disaster. Provide direction and in-house consulting in these areas.
- Perform work at the highest technical level with an in-depth understanding of system performance configuration and tuning techniques.
- Optimize the technical performance characteristics of an infrastructure development environment, including Mainframe and storage components.
- Respond reliably and promptly during off hours and works to resolve system issues when needed.
- Independently administer all of the mainframe partitions (Vista, Classic) and has a thorough understanding of all Mainframe operations that run on the system.
Salary: INR As per Company Standards
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:IT Software - Mainframe
Role Category:Programming & Design
Role:Team Lead/Technical Lead
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
- Possess a 4 year Bachelors degree (B.E) or the equivalent education ( BSc IT + MCA ) and/or experience.
- Have 8-12 years of relevant hands-on experience in supporting Enterprise-wide IBM Platform infrastructure environments ( Mainframe )
- Responsible for architecting, engineering and supporting the global Mainframe enterprise infrastructure topology.
- Provide support for all IBM mainframe Server Platforms in the Enterprise, work in designated shifts & provide On-Call Support during all times that the system is operational, possibly including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Responsible for the technical evaluation and implementation of new products (tools) for IT Infrastructure support, that meet business solutions
- Responsible for ensuring that the technical infrastructure will provide optimal manageability and security according to the architecture chosen for deployment.
- Follow and execute incident, request, problem and change management processes and procedures. Required to have thorough Knowledge of the ITIL model.
- Provide direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, programming, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to the Mainframe Operating System software, as well as the associated systems management products ( backup, monitoring, capacity planning, etc.) and associated hardware infrastructure relating to Mainframe computing.
- Proficiency in Mainframe operating systems (Z/OS) and hardware.
- Strong understanding and experience working with Network communications (e.g. TCP /IP, SNA)
- Demonstrate experience implementing z/OS Operating Systems, OSV software and supporting both local and remote mainframes
- Proficiency in maintaining and upgrading Mainframe operating systems, including all phases of the process from research/ ordering to installation/ testing
- Proficiency in Mainframe security & experience with implementing system security within the Sarbanes-Oxley framework
- Proficiency implementing/manipulating replication (EMC, VTS)
- Ability to understand & work with JCL statements
- Working knowledge of performance monitors & system performance tuning techniques
- Possess knowledge of Batch & Online Processing. Familiarity with scheduling tools (CA7 / Control-M ) will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with NATURAL / ADABAS, COBOL / DB2 will be a plus.
- Basic level proficiency in Assembler and REXX coding
- Ability to weigh various suggested technical solutions against business needs and choose the most effective solution, given technical merits, cost considerations, and manageability
- Strong project management skills, including experience managing multiple medium-scale to large-scale projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Development and maintenance of comprehensive project plans/ schedules
- Experience applying risk assessment methodologies, contingency planning, and design of business recovery processes for a large-scale Mainframe infrastructures
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of management; excellent teamwork skills and working in harmony with company policies, process, and procedures.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems independently, quickly, and completely, and to communicate them clearly to upper management
- Able to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence in ITs knowledge of and concern for users business needs
- Excellent teamwork & collaborative skills.
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, BCA - Computers, B.Sc - Any Specialization, Computers, Electronics
Fortune Personnel Services
Contact Company:Fortune Personnel Services